Tuesday 8 April 2014

THIS IS THE SAPPY\




Once upon a time there lived a beautiful and noble princess. She had hair the color of the finest straw around, coffee colored skin and eyes the color of a clear blue sky. She was to be wed but not to just anyone. Her father loved her so and could not bear to see her unhappy. They both decided to give any man in the kingdom a chance to marry the princess. They just had to answer a simple question, " My first is foremost legally,
My second circles outwardly,
My third leads all in victory,
My fourth ends twice a nominee
My whole is this gates only key.

                                       
What am I?" Try as they might all the men in the kingdom failed to answer the question correctly. Until one morning a young lad of 17 returned to the kingdom after delivering straw to a neighboring village. He had hair of the blackest night and eyes the color of a forest. Upon hearing the question he knew the answer. He hurried to the castle and said, "My first is foremost legally,
My second circles outwardly,
My third leads all in victory,
My fourth ends twice a nominee
My whole is this gates only key.
What am I? The answer is love." He replied. The king was so very happy he called for a celebration and the princess and the lad married in their beautiful garden 3 days later and they had many children and forever in love they remained for the rest of their lives.

I know it's sappy but I like it anyways. It's under 250 words. What do you think? It's my first go at a short story.





No comments:

Post a Comment